This client had offices all over the world and wanted to find an effective approach to support education and awareness around LGBT+ as part of their global inclusion strategy. Aware of the resources and time required to reach their whole workforce through an in-person training program they approached us to create an e learning solution which could be rolled out on their employee training platform.
In creating a single version of an LGBT+ training to run across all employees we had to address the following key challenges:
- Accessibility: the content needed to be accessible to all employees globally and present information in a way that would be universally understood and drive advocacy.
- Consistency: all employees regardless of location would have access to the same foundational information.
- Regionality: the training had to consider differences in attitudes across regions as well as comply with all legislation in each country it would be accessed.
- Interactivity: as a self guided training, the content had to be engaging and build knowledge through both information and interactive exercises.
All e-learning trainings are assessed by the client based on feedback scores and engagement across modules so for the project to be considered a success it would need to meet clear performance benchmarks.
Using our experience delivering a successful in person LGBT+ training as a starting point, we worked with the client to map out a 30 min global e-learning program covering key topics such as:
- Differences between gender and sexuality
- Gender identity and trans rights
- Inclusive language
It was important that the content not only increased understanding but also drove active advocacy so we worked closely with their technical team to bring this content to life through their e learning platform. This included the addition of interactive exercises and quizzes grounded in scenarios individuals are likely to encounter in a work environment.
The training was then introduced to test users for feedback prior to being rolled out globally and promoted.